DEAN E. BURNS
President and CEO
- Business executive, scientist and medical device brand marketing expert with over 38 years of healthcare experience, including 27 years in eyecare.
- Graduate of Bowling Green University with a BSc in Chemistry and Microbiology.
- Comprehensive business leadership certification from The Wharton Business School, University of Pennsylvania.
- Comprehensive marketing certification from Columbia Business School, Columbia University.
- Founder and CEO of Grit Marketing in Alpharetta, Georgia.
- Former Senior Director at Alcon Vision Cataract Instrumentation and Disposable Technologies ($750M).
- Former Director of Refractive and Vitreoretinal Technologies ($100M).
- Skilled in marketing, sales management, medical and biotechnology devices, regulatory process and advocacy development.
- Awarded 15 industry commercialization/marketing achievement awards, 15 FDA product approvals, 3 medical publications and 1 significant donation to the non-profit organization ORBIS.
DR. GARTH WEBB
FOUNDER AND CHIEF SCIENTIFIC OFFICER
- Founder of Ocumetics with a mission to empower people to see and better experience the world.
- 45 years of experience in clinical eye care and applied vision science helping thousands of patients.
- Cofounded Complete Eye Care Optometry Clinic, one of Canada’s largest group practice of optometry.
- Sole inventor of the Bionic Lens™ and related intellectual property platform.
- Pioneer in the life enhancing field of medical optics and refractive technologies.
- Founder of the Celebration of Sight Initiative, a not-for-profit organization commissioned to support three areas of critical need: reforestation/conservation, community services and consumer advocacy.
- Founder of VENTURA Health Sciences Corporation in 2008 to develop state-of-the-art functional dietary supplements that slow the progression of degenerative eye conditions. Recent developments have demonstrated promise in stimulating and propagating intracellular repair.
- Pioneered and successfully commercialized delivery systems for non-preserved liquid pharmaceuticals thereby promoting better healing without any complications from contact.
- Served as the youngest Chairperson on record for the Board of Examiners in Optometry, British Columbia, Canada.
DR. DOYLE STULTING
CHIEF MEDICAL OFFICER
- Director of the Stulting Research Center, Woolfson Eye Institute, Atlanta, GA.
- Professor of Ophthalmology Emeritus, Emory University.
- Adjunct Professor of Ophthalmology, the Moran Eye Institute, Salt Lake City, UT.
- Former Co-Director of the Collaborative Corneal Transplantation Studies, a large, NIH-supported multi-center study of histocompatibility and corneal transplantation.
- Former investigator in a physician-sponsored clinical investigation of LASIK that was
carried out before the first refractive laser was approved by the FDA in the United States.
- Previously had a referral practice in cornea/external disease and performed routine and complex cataract surgery, as well as corneal transplantation.
- Specialized in the management of keratoconus.
- Principal Investigator for 5 different clinical trials for corneal cross-linking since 2008.
- Member of the FDA Ophthalmic Devices Panel for 10 years , and he completed a term as Chair of the Panel in 1998.
- Past President of the American Society for Cataract and Refractive Surgery.
ROGER JEWETT CA, CPA
CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER
- Hands-on executive with 25+ years of experience leading public and private companies through corporate restructurings, financings and growth.
- Completed debt and equity financings for multiple companies of up to $70M.
- Negotiated and closed the purchase or sale of over 40 businesses.
- Cofounder and Director of Quantum Blockchain Technologies Ltd. (CPC that merged with Ocumetics).
- Founder and CEO of Jump On Flyaways, an airplane sharing service. Led development of proprietary software, appeared on Dragon’s Den.
- Former CFO of Enerjet, a charter airline. Led Enerjet from significant losses to multiple years of profitability.
- Former CEO of Rare Method (RM), a TSX-V listed interactive marketing firm. Led RM from start-up to the 2nd fastest growing company in Alberta (2007) and top 100 fastest growing company in Canada (2008).
- Former CFO of Resorts of the Canadian Rockies (RCR), a national ski resort operator. Led RCR from financial difficulty to one of the best managed companies in Canada (National Post – 1997 and 1998).
- Former contract or interim CFO for companies in multiple industries (psychedelics, medical devices, helicopter charters, software development, e-commerce, product development, publishing).
Board of Directors
Dr. James Barton McRoberts, O.D.
- Received Doctorate in Optometry from the University of Waterloo in 1974.
- Optometrist in private practice, West Vancouver and Squamish, British Columbia.
- Past president, British Columbia Association of Optometrists.
- Past Chair and member, BC Board of Examiners in Optometry, British Columbia.
- Past Registrar, BC College of Optometrists.
- Past Professional Services Director, The Laser Center, Vancouver.
- Past Board member and VP, Optometric Services Ltd., Montreal.
- Member Pharmaceutical Committee, BC College of Optometrists.
- Past Chair of Senate, ISYS Medical.
- Member, British Columbia Association of Optometrists.
- Published several articles related to practical optometry, as well as a brief on optometrists’ scope of practice for the Health Professions Council of B.C.
- Lectured at professional events as well as in community settings to members of the public.
- Director, Bonanza Mining Corporation
- Sessional Instructional Assistant with the Rotman School of Management
- Consultant, Hans Management, a private company that formed and funded Hanstone Capital Corp., which later became Hanstone Gold Corporation, a gold and mineral exploration company in the Golden Triangle in British Columbia.
- Master’s degree, Financial Risk Management, Rotman School of Management.
- Independent businessman with years of diverse board, management, and legal international mining industry experience.
- Extensive corporate governance, environmental, transactional, M&A, financing, contract, development, compliance and litigation experience with companies developing and operating numerous mines and conducting exploration programs internationally.
- Juris Doctor degree from the University of Denver School of Law
- Bachelor’s degree of Business Administration from the University of Denver
DEAN E. BURNS
PRESIDENT / CEO / DIRECTOR
DR. GARTH WEBB
FOUNDER / CSO / DIRECTOR
ROGER JEWETT CA, CPA
CFO / DIRECTOR
DR. DOYLE STULTING
CMO / DIRECTOR
We’ll keep you up to date on investor news and our clinical trials.